Just Rodney...

I'm a 24, a teacher, and these are some of my thoughts. I'd love to hear your comments - hopefully their nice ones - but I'll take anything.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tomball, Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

More people to be thankful for in California...(continued)

Brian L.
Brian is yet another person that I would consider my best friend (that's right..I'm defying the laws of best friendship and pronouncing multiple best friends!). Brian helped convert me from the lame skinny kid that wants to be a nike-wearing jock-headed cool guy into the lame, nerdy, listens-to-ska-music, wears converse (before they were cool...that's right - we wore them when it wasn't cool because we are cool!). Brian and I have since then moved to opposite sides of the country(me in cali and brian in new york), and then flip-flopped again with Brian moving back to cali and me in Texas. Brian and I used to sit in our garages for hours playing earth angel on our guitars because it was one of the only songs we knew. Brianism: Dude! If we were both chics I would totally make out with you! **As the elevator door opens** "Screw homicidal tendencies! I'm getting off this medication tomorrow!"

The Werners
Specifically Caden Werner. I was his friend in the disguise of a youth pastor. I taught him how to play power chords on the guitar and he loved me for it. This kid is great and has a great family. His family treats me like I'm their other older son. Amber, his sister, is great too! I miss all of them and am grateful to have had them in my life.

Daniel B.
Daniel B is one of the weirdest people I know. He is an electrition and a very generous person. Some of my favorite memories of Daniel were on our great roadtrips to the great white north. We also taped people reading a great deal of Jane Austin's pride and prejusdice to give to our friend sarah for christmas. It was pretty much the best christmas present ever. Most importantly, Daniel listened to me when I needed to vent about church stuff. I went through some pretty rough times at my old church, and I needed somebody to let me spit out what was in my head. Thanks Daniel.

Rhiannon
I started hangin' out with rhiannon because I had heard she had some similar struggles. We both came to a point where we felt we needed to leave our churches and eventually moved on. I actually started attending a church called new hope with her - it's a pretty cool church. They have some folks that help out prostitutes on 9th street. It's a great thing, they're loving people that most churches won't come near. Rhiannon also let me vent, and I in return listened to some of her stuff - we both needed someone that understood or at least kinda-sorta resonated. Now she's gearin' up to go to a DTI (YWAM stuff). It's like a long discipleship program - she'll learn a lot and get to serve a lot of people in need. I'm really happy for her, it's been a dream of her's for a long time and I hope she gets to go soon!

I know I probably left somebody from california out...so I'm sorry. Maybe if you leave me a nasty comment I'll repost with your name and how I know you on it! Peace! Now it's time for texas people!

8 Comments:

Blogger juli said...

thank God you're blogging. finally...gah :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger B. C. Lovato said...

No kidding. I spent a good 10 minutes telling him to start blogging again on the phone last night. Hopefully it keeps up.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Rodney said...

BLAH! I'm a busy man! I have online poker games to play!!!

8:59 AM  
Blogger texelct said...

Dude, i quit looking here cause I just knew there would be no change.
-Can't stop laughing about the elevator comment
-and I hope Daniel B can spell electrition...I mean electrician

4:04 PM  
Blogger Rodney said...

Thanks for commenting mark, glad you enjoyed it (even more glad that you have time to read blogs now!)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, thanks man. I never knew I was the weirdest person in your life. You don't know how much this means to me.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, and yes, I can spell electrician.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kaleena said...

I think that you forgot to mention that your favorite thing about Brian L is that his wife is freakin' awesome.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home